Tuesday, November 25, 2008

CHT and other political BS

Well the CHT first race was GREAT! even though some individuals were offended by someone donating firewood. WOW I mean really grow the hell UP! let the past be the past and move on.

To quote some famous book "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

Everyone who raced this past weekend really looked like they were having a blast. I stood at the worst turn on the course and the only negative thing I heard was the ocasional "oH crap...this looks bad". I did not participate much in the CHT last season because I let egos and competitive crap get the best of me. I am not a competetive person because I believe competitivness brings out the worst in people. This season I plan on just ignoring any negativity a have a good time at the CHT races.

below are some photos from the now infamous drop kick corner...ENJOY!


Kyla charging uphill


Jon "cheating" ....he won didn't he? therefore he must have cheated. I think we need to measure his skijor line it looks longer than the allowable limit. Disqualify him...no better yet BAN him! (just kidding) but really where the hells are the dogs?


Darrel wonders if the drop kick corner is going to claim its first victim.










5 comments:

Meandering Michael said...

Thanks for sharing your opinion about the "protesting". I can see how it would come across as childish, and was aware, beforehand, of how it might seem that way. The CHT is a great event put on by great people and it's a shame that it should be tarnished in any way.

But please let me explain.

On several occasions (and in more than one territory), a certain individual (who just happened to donate firewood to last weekend's CHT) has been wronging people without apology or rectification. In some cases, his actions have been malicious in nature. In short, the man is a bully.

While I agree that forgiveness is divine, forgetting is tantamount to condoning his actions.

I don't want others to suffer as a result of this man's behaviour. Standing there with that sign was neither comfortable, nor easy, nor pleasant. I took no joy in it. I was, I believe, standing up to a bully.

So, before you "cast stones" on my actions (and those of others), please try to understand why we're doing what we're doing.

cool dogs said...

First may I say the correct title is YUKON BREWING CHT cos they pay an awful lot of money to the "CHT Org" for the priviledge - thank you YUKON BREWING. The CHT Org is pleased to announce Debbie and Fred Last have donated firewood for the Dec 21st Oscar's Electric Twister - after Simi and Colin's superb simmering Chili at the H. Coyne & Sons Twister, please remember this is a Potluck and bring munchies to share around Debbie and Fred's inflammatory firewood. Snowpigs did "not fall over" on the slope as Asha had a snowbath, merely a tactical change to Canicross. Who dares challenge the might of Snowpiggery in the Pet Dog in the Oscar's Electric Race on the 21st? - did I get our sponsors Oscar's Electric and YUKON BREWING in there enough?

Slackr said...

Who dares challenge the might of Snowpiggery in the Pet Dog in the Oscar's Electric Race on the 21st?

I do...see you on the 21st!

dogsled_stacie said...

Great pics Dave!!!! Who's joining me on the CHT for a dog run and a growler of YUKON BREWING beer tomorrow night?!?!?

See y'all there!

AKeno said...

Thanks for all your opinions. The great thing about Canada is that we can express our opinions freely.
I am just looking forward to having fun at next race.